Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting my 18 steeda rims put on this weekend and I had a few questions....now that its too late to return them haha. First, wanted to know how bad the ride is with a 35 tire and stock suspension? I'm sure its going to be worse than stock, but is it at least bearable on decent roads? Second, does anyone have a picture of a focus with 18s and the stock suspension set-up? I'm planning on dropping it at some point but would like to get an idea of what mine will look like at the stock height. Finally, about dropping it, I have heard different stories....some people aren't rubbing with a sportlines and others are rubbing with just the SVT suspension. So do you think I will rub if I go to an SVT set-up on an 05'-wheels are 18x7 with 35/215 rubber.

·
Registered
146 Posts
The ride for me is accually alot better. But you do have to realize that there is more rubber on the ground and hitting grooves and even parts of the road, your car will now keep to the road. Be more cautous. I have 18s with stock suspension and I know, noone likes my wheels but here is a pic for you.

I plan on going with eibach but its gonna have to wait till after Texas Heatwave this July.

·
Registered
407 Posts
i just put 18's on my focus 2 days ago and you really cant tell any difference in the city, but in the highway you wetter hold on lol

i have 215/35/18

·
Registered
433 Posts
theres a likely chance you'll rub at some point wit 18s and sports...i have 18in konig troubles and 40 series hankook ventus and they fill in nicely with a pro drop...will also ride a bit better with the prokit IMO...by the way I do like your rims T-notorious, but it does need a drop. As for stock ride on 18s and 35 series, you'll feel a lot more bumps and you'll def hear change rattle when you hit. But, the response and feel is worth the bumpier ride. Good luck in whatever you decide.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts