Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 2001 ford focus se. And I want to get the svt suspension kit. Is there any modification I have to do to that? I plan on buying the kit online for about 290 bucks. Sway bar and all. Any recommendations to make my SE to close as svt as possible?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No it doesn't. It's a stock sedan

·
Super Moderator
8,958 Posts
If you have no sway bar you may need to do some drilling to get the sways on. Brackets need a place to sit

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If I was to just buy the suspension and take it to a place to put it on could they for a reasonable price?

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
If you have no sway bar you may need to do some drilling to get the sways on. Brackets need a place to sit
If I was to just buy the suspension and take it to a place to put it on could they for a reasonable price?
No rear bar now, you'll need Steeda's sway bar bracket kit, sway bar brackets, & bolts. Mock it up & then weld the sway bar mounts to the cradle, like the ones that come w/ bars.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
^^^ That's the best answer, though it's not required to do the welding.

Most end up complaining about squeaks/clunks over time if they don't weld the bolt on bracket to the suspension frame.

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,107 Posts
Dang and I was just about to recommend you to Felixthecat for your topic... He came to my mind first.

My SE would also need brackets to put a sway bar on. So no bar for me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts