Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok well as some of u guys might know i hit a 14.27 with a 2.2 60 ft. i have a intake headers exhaust tb intake manifold tb spacer superchip sct pulleys and nitrous. my car is sitting in the shop and will be there for a while it is getting all forged internals . port and polished head with 3 angle valve job comp stage 2 cams adjustable cam gears, bigger injectors aftermarket fuel rail, fuel pressure regulator and will get the tranny swapped to a 5 spd. anyway my question to u guys is what do u think it will be hitting the 1/4 mile??

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
depends on ur shot of nitrous. how much are you going to run. You may pick up 2/10's w/ ur other add ons. what compression are u running?? it all depends on the shot!!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
its gonna be a 75 shot for now and maybe a 100 but idoubt ill use the 100 and the compression i still dont know. also tires i will be looking for some any ideas??

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
depends on ur weight too. but i would say you could hit very high 13's if you do a full out NA build, you should be around 220-250 whp w/ the n20 and you should be in about that range. but i would still guess 14's. a 250 whp focus w/ a decent driver runs 13.8 ish, so thats what i'm basing this off of.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
just depends on ur overall power. what do u think you will be at. if you sprayed a 125 shot b4, and ur only gonna be making a 75 shot, you need to make up alot more ground.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
u won't see that much. you won't see 12's till ur over 300 whp.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
honestly, i wouldn't hope for any more better times w/ a 75 shot. i would think mid 14's. If you get 160 whp NA, then u will only be at 10 whp more ish than w/ ur 125 shot. If you sprayed 125 on 160, and u have built internals, then you will be maybe high 13's. but on a 75 shot, i wouldn't expect it.

·
Adam
1,688 Posts
Dude take the tb spacer off. It does absolutely nothing for our cars.

·
Adam
1,688 Posts
Also a 13 in a 1/4 w/o slicks is quicker than you think it is. Say your linged up with a mustang gt and you both get the same time but your mph is a bit higher. Now even though you had the same 1/4 et from a 45 roll you would beat him because our cars have less traction than rwd cars so they always get a slight jump a head. So in all reality even though your times are the same your probably going to be faster than it in the long run.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
^^ i agree!

get some slicks and see what you can do. thats what i need to do. i did 14.1 at 105 and im hoping for mid to high 12s with slicks. but yeah ive raced a lot of mustangs, camaros, vettes, 350zs and they all get me at the start and most of the time i pass them back after i stop spinning

·
Registered
29 Posts
ill say mid 12's with slicks and 100 shot. if u mph over 105 you should be good to do those kind of times. my car did 14.2 @ 103 on 18's with only a 100 shot of nitrous. no reson why you cant get into the 12's with your mods.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
12s??? He would need more than 300 whp, more like 350 and one heck of a launch. CFM made a 12.9xx car on 32x whp. w/ full slicks, lsd, and a profressional drag racer, from my understanding at least. the car was completely gutted. so 12's on just a 100 shot?? he would have to make over 200 whp NA + the staged nitrous cause w/ fwd, you can't spray till 2nd or 3rd gear!!! i would say 13's if ur really lucky!!

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
u could always do a RWD v8 kugel kit!! lol, then u can run 8's!! lol

1 - 20 of 41 Posts