Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking if i only remove the lunch box on my '07, besides the sound would this help the car breath easier?
thanks for any input or recommendations.

·
Boost Addict
2,628 Posts
From what I've saw, it just makes it sound better. get a full flex-back if you want some power gains.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys for the info but why a flex back and not a cat back whats the difference?

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
thanks guys for the info but why a flex back and not a cat back whats the difference?
the stock exhaust goes MANICAT (exhaust manifold w/ catalytic converter built in) - FLEXPIPE - EXHAUST .

some people just use the term cat-back, others flex back to be politically correct.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Howdy Mantoe and All:

I'm real new here. I've had my 2.3 '04 ZX3 for about 6 wks now. I love it, but not so much it couldn't be improved on. My first mod was the lunchbox delete and the addition of a nice exhaust tip. I can report a slight increase in exhaust volume, and a reduction in weight of almost 10 lbs. I can't honestly say I notice any increase in performance, and am still testing for any change in MPG. IF you don't plan on a Flex (AKA the "cat" in Duratec speak) back exhaust, the lunch box delete is cheap and a slight improvement in sound.

That's my two cents, for what it's worth.

Adios, David

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks again guys all comments greatly appreciated.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts