Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a quick ?. Could I just buy a cheap short ram pipe from like AutoZone and put a FocusSport filter on it? Would I get any hp gain, like what I would get from a Mac Intake? Or would it not work like an AEM or regualr intake?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Does AutoZone even sell an intake for the Focus?? I know they have intakes on display, but those are for a Honduh.

But then again, an intake is an intake. I used a EBay intake for a while, then I switched to an AEM, and I noticed a little bit of a difference, but not too much. . .

-Cody

·
Registered
189 Posts
I have a quick ?. Could I just buy a cheap short ram pipe from like AutoZone and put a FocusSport filter on it? Would I get any hp gain, like what I would get from a Mac Intake? Or would it not work like an AEM or regualr intake?
1. Yes, you can.
2. Yes, you should.
3. Would be similar but the gains may or may not be as good

·
Registered
141 Posts
Buy a k&n panel or a itg panel and then reroute your air intake tube from on top of the rad shroud to a more high flow area. this way you wont lose torque and suck in a lot of hot air.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just hit me up. . .

I have some AEM cold air kits lying around, and a short ram kit also.

-Cody

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
You can easily make your own for less than a brand name. When I had my VR6 Passat I made an intake far better than the Neuspeed kit that was nearly $200. All you need to do is make the bend from the TB and then just a straight pipe and the MAF and filter. Only 2 things would really be better with a brand name, 1) a good one should have an MAF mount on the intake itself and 2) mandrel bending.

·
Registered
535 Posts
just keep your eyes open for used kits on here and ebay. seriously. wash the filter and its new. i have a universal k&n cone filter if you are interested pm me

1 - 12 of 12 Posts