Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yet anoter question!... I know this should be in exterior, but i think i will get better feedback from here.

Ok i have an 05 ZX4 sedan. I just saw on Wings West a wing that i like, but it says its made for the 00-02 foci. I have a dealer nearby that has this wing in stock, and was wondering if it would fit my 05 without me driving 25 miles to find out the hard way. I know with the 05's they changed the a$$ end, but wasnt sure if the trunk lid was wider or not? [???:)]

·
Registered
759 Posts
not really sure which wing your talking about, generally wings are pretty universal. But there really isn't a reason to have a wing on a front wheel drive car anyways...

A front lip/spolier is a good option for the 05+ and focus sport carries them in either carbon fiber or poly.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dont care about performance, its all about the looks! (at least with a wing) Its the Mini-Me Commando Spoiler kinda smaller low profile one

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
mine came stock with mine i wanted to change it out but than i was thinking who really needs a big wing its not a rear wheel drive car i wanna get the mach one lip but yeah i think it will work cause most work on everything.

·
Registered
369 Posts
post some pics of the wing you want. i would like to see it, i'm sure it would fit

why are you people so ignorant in regaurds to wings and how they work, even in a FWD car you want all 4 tires on the ground meaning down force would be good in the front and/or back.

·
Registered
147 Posts
BUT

on a FWD car, creating more downforce on the back tires is taking away traction from you front tires.... which oddly enough happen to be the drive tires... imagine that.

of course, i havent seen a focus with a wing(which by the way create lift... spoilers create downforce ;) )fast enough to actually create enough downforce to take away traction from the front wheels :) most of the time its just some ricer who thinks he's fast and wants to race my tire smoking 110whp automatic zx5 family mobile. i mean, shit, if i wanted a race car i would have went with a supra or something

·
Registered
369 Posts
02_zxFIVE said:
BUT

on a FWD car, creating more downforce on the back tires is taking away traction from you front tires.... which oddly enough happen to be the drive tires... imagine that.

actaully with its 70/30 or so weight balance it might actaully help blance the car out a little maybe it will handle better, trust me your not breaking your tires lose at at any kinda speed[thumb]

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok heres some pics

1.(this is the one im refering to)

2. Kinda nice

3. Too SRT like

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
As you can see, these aren't "Wings" if you will. They are simply large spoilers that i think make the car look nice. I dont plan on driving 230mph and expect this 4" tall piece of plastic take my car up in the air. The only time i need traction is getting off the line, and i dont think 6lbs on the back end will disrupt that. Even seeing that i have the stocker already on. My $.02

·
Registered
295 Posts
I would call them or email them about this issue.

Good Choice btw, WingsWest products are very high quality.

·
GreyRice WOoT!
10,786 Posts
i wanted the middle onebut they are no longer made and i cannot find one [:(] but i need to do more go mods

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
I personally always thought that wings on front wheel drive cars were a little pointless, but if it's your thing, go for it. [woot]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts