Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone in the Focus Community.... name is david and i am a proud owner of a 2003 Focus ZX3... with cold air intake and exhaust.... im looking to see what people have done with their focii and well get some ideas and find good products to make my focus faster... as what a enthusiast will do.... I wanted to get some feedback on what websites are good to go and find good deals on turbo kits, headers, ect... the whole deal.... i dont know really where to go and search... so advice will be helpful....

again thanks a lot... and ill see everyone around soon... ill have pics when i take them...

*david*[thumb]

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
AEM Cold Air... and its a Custom Exhaust that i got here in Florida... the exhaust is great... but im not too happy with the AEM.... it barely gives me any preformance gains...

~david~

by the way.... Focus-Power basically is all turbo and shit... thats quite expensive shit... anyone else know any other websites besides focus power? [?|]

·
Registered
697 Posts
My AEM intakes is fine and dandy, i dunno whats up with yours.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Zx3Focus2003
Welcome to the forum, here you will find a fantastic group of people who love Focus'. It is, with out a doubt The Best Focus Forum on the Web. I know you'll be glad you joined us.

With out making too big a thing about it, I would however, request you re-consider your signature line. I think perhaps it may be just a tad bit "over the top".
*mho*
bfocused

·
Registered
793 Posts
zx3focus2003 i posted on your other identical thread in the general section, there are a lot of sites i posted there

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for the posts guys... and i do believe that i changed my signature... that was a quote that was postend on the Supra forums.... and i just thought id share some of what those guys put down....

anyway thanks the warm welcome... as i posted under the General Section.... i will have pics of my car next week.... and from there ill update you all as far as mods go and everything...

my AEM cold air dosent seem to give me a lot of preformance gains... do you havea short ram intake Sceviour Focus?? I wanted to get the short but.... all my friends have cold air in their cars... so i thought id give it a shot....

See you guys around for sure :)

~david~

·
Registered
3,861 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
EuroZX3... i know that 16.6 is slow... in NC i got my focus to a 16.6 stock.... and then when i had the intake and exhaust... i got it down to a 16. 3 with a 2.4 60 FT time... the track here in Orlando sux dude... everyone always runs times that are way out of wack.... so im hoping sooner or later to bring those times down.... what should i be running with a good 60 ft time and intake and exhaust?

Thanks for the site.... see you around

~david~

·
Registered
412 Posts
Zx3Focus2003
I thank you for editing your sig. shows me you are a true gentleman. My hat is off to you!
Have fun and good luck at the track, but don't break that thing, I hate to see a hurting Focus.
bfocused

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks a lot everyone... ill keep everyone posted when i post pics... ill see you all around

PS: if anyone wants to talk to me outside of the forums... i have a AOL im name feel free to im me anytime... i always love gettin tips from fellow focii owners, and gettin to kno more people

~david~ :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
stock tires.... almost on empty.... everything was perfect.... i cant seem to get it down.... im launching it at about 2200 RPMS... and the tires squeal a lot.... and it seems to bogg slightly... i really cant get the time down no matter what i do....

help please....

~david~

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
no u can feel some hesitation and stuff. not sure if it has to do with fuel pressure and what not but i know with my car on too low of a tank it struggles for fuel

1 - 20 of 20 Posts