Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So recently I purchased a set of OEM style aftermarket headlights from CARiD.com, the site seems pretty reputable and has a good assortment of headlight assemblies to choose from. I bought these headlights specifically http://www.carid.com/2007-ford-focus-headlights/eagle-factory-headlight-17196086.html and noticed it says "Ford Focus ZX4 2007" in the description and didn't really mention ZX3's. Assuming the front end between the two cars was generally identical. They were purchased and honestly looked pretty sweet when I opened them up.

Long story short after trying to install the new passenger headlight assembly first, I couldn't get the wiring harness to even fit. It honestly looked like the "hole" around the plug on the new headlight was too small and I couldn't push the wiring harness in far enough before it met plastic. I know it's hard to visualize what I'm talking about and can't attach a picture sadly because their are packed up ready to send back..but before I did that I wanted to ask the focus community if they have any recommendations or have experienced the same problem? This is my first headlight replacement that I've done so I could be missing something...Please fill me in Id much rather keep these honestly superb looking headlights, rather than pay $193 a piece straight from Ford!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts