Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Folks!

Focus is my first car i ever had, bought it like 7 months ago! i was thinking to lower my suspension, but don't wanna invest too much money in it, well i am looking for cheapest solution.

Since i am taking it to garage on Monday, to repair some bits, i was thinking could lower it down in mean time as well.

So the question is - shall i ask mechanics if they can just cut the springs shorter or anythign like that ? Would that by safe and possible ?

What would be your cheapest rommendation?

Here you can see the picture from autotrader, just before i bough it.

Ant help would be highly appreciated.

cheers

vai

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't cut your springs the SVT suspension kit is the best bag for buck come with everything to springs and shocks and struts
How much would that be ?

The way it is now, it looks kinda bad, coz of the low profile tires, i am wondering, maybe i should just get a better tires or something!

I am planning too sell it before Christmas anyways, so dunno what exactly to do heh .

thanks for help!

·
Adam
1,688 Posts
The svt suspension is just over 300.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
why would you sell it. the car is very quick (not fast) but it suit the twisty roads you have over there to a t. it was actualy designed over there. i'd say keep it. and lower it the right way. jsut save your cash and it'll come easily. jsut take your time. hells ive had mine for 3 years. i've jsut now gotten it lowered.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Don't cut your springs the SVT suspension kit is the best bag for buck come with everything to springs and shocks and struts
Whatever you do, don't cut your springs! I have a sedan with the svt kit installed= very nice!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
why would you sell it. the car is very quick (not fast) but it suit the twisty roads you have over there to a t. it was actualy designed over there. i'd say keep it. and lower it the right way. jsut save your cash and it'll come easily. jsut take your time. hells ive had mine for 3 years. i've jsut now gotten it lowered.

Well i am hoping to get company car by December Lancer Sportback :)

Whatever you do, don't cut your springs! I have a sedan with the svt kit installed= very nice!
Ok i wont, thanks :)

·
Registered
345 Posts
Cutting your springs isn't a good solution. It weakens the springs, SVT is probably the best way to go but if you're selling your car then there's really no point.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts