Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This past summer I started with almost new 17in. tires my rears are now junk they kept getting louder all summer till finally this fall I took them off and the inner edge of the rears are almost gone at least two to three inches of the insides, Im going to lower it maybe with the svt setup or sportlines havent desided yet. now the question will I need to put the adj. control arms by massive on to get the rite camber and caster on my rear tires so this doesnt happen again or what. thanks your help is appreciated.[loveff]

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
Too much rear toe-in possibly associated with too much rear camber!!!! A very common Focus problem. It's fixable, get an alignment and ask for the least amount of rear toe-in that's within spec (if un-lowered thats +0.10 degrees for an 07, sorry don't have it in inches). If you lower the car, go with SVT rear alignment spec which is +0.04 inches of toe-in. In either case, I recommend that you set rear camber to no more than -1.5 degrees. On older Foci camber bolts were usually needed to accomplish this.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts