Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got the Steeda STS for my 2011 Focus and it works great but I had a slight issue on the install.

So the part comes with the billet aluminum, idk what to call it, the spacer? That goes onto he stalk and the knob mounts on top. This was not included on any part of the instructions but it looks great and I wanted to use it with my redlinegoods custom shift boot. I zip tied the boot around the spacer so part of it sticks out. Now the issue I have is that the thread on the knob is tapered and with the spacer installed, only a small portion of the thread is visible. Now my oem sized knob won't screw into place. Will a Steeda shift knob fit? Will a 'retro' style mustang round knob fit?

I'm more than capable of 'making it work' but I would love to know what my options are.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Hello,

We apologize for the issues that you are experiencing ... do you by chance have any photos that you can send us? You can email them to me at [email protected].

I look forward to working with you!

Best Regards,

TJ

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Email sent. Thanks so much!

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Steeda couldn't give me a straight answer as to whether or not their knob would fit in the way I was attempting to install the part so I decided to order a billet knob from American Muscle.

The knob was $35 shipped and comes with its own spacer so you can still use it with the stock shifter and boot.

Anyway, here is what I ended up with. Really happy with the way this turned out.

If you are considering the Steeda STS, it's a great kit that includes a nice billet aluminum spacer and while Steeda's instructions for 08-11 Focus say you cannot use this piece with the factory knob, you can definitely use it with the correct style knob.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts