Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
on thin air
3,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking into getting myself a new set of Rims for the svt and I have always been a fan of tires that come right out to the edge of the wheel well. So, I am wondering what offset would I want to bring the tires out like that? Also any drawbacks.

example: that dope a$$ white wrc focus I see on the homepage once in a while has wheels that come out to the edge of the wheel well.

·
Banned
9,238 Posts
This can be done a number of ways. I would say any wheel with a 40mm offset could give you what you are looking for. However, get ready to face potential problems with rubbing, especially if you lower the car.

Here's a picture of my friends' with 40mm offset Rota Grids, a 5mm spacer pushing it to a 35mm offset, 225/45-17 tires, 2" drop, and about -2.8 degrees of camber; AMAZINGLY, he doesn't rub, thanks to the negative camber, stiff spring rate, and rolled fenders.

·
on thin air
3,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
right now I am on my stock springs and dont plan on droppin it much with new springs, would like to have the clearance just for the sake of snow driving. But that is what I am looking for as far as spacing then, 40-35 range....sweet. Thanks Yo!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts