Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it is great to have a mp3 compatible in-dash 6 disc player
however, the player recognized some of my newly burned mp3 discs as 'bad disc'.
does anyone here face the same problem? i just don't know why it works with some of my mp3 discs, while not all of them..[???:)]

·
Rebecca
2016 Focus ST
18,803 Posts
I haven't had that problem. It could be the burning process. WHen I burn mp3's, I usually do whole albums seperated into folders. Otherwise I make normal cd's. Could be cheap discs too. Make sure you aren't overburning the cd or underbuffering. I would honestly lean towards burning/disc error. I don't know what to say.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that.
So you mean i should not make the full use of the disc. like, say, 700mb maximum, burn 650mb would probably be fine, right?
BTW, I did actually burn mp3's into seperated folders. :)

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
I have it too. I burn all my discs the same way (I use Sony discs BTW). One will play, stick another one in and it will give the 'bad disc' error.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah... i just checked my previous discs... just found no difference regarding the capacity and foldering style...
and some of the fully burned discs still work. really confused

:(

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
well, i have the same problem but with all mp3 disc, and regular or orignal music cd only show as they work but no sound is reproduced. i think i smell a recall...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
some strange thing happened when I was trying to play some newly burned track cd(normal compact music disc format, 80 mins long), some of the tracks worked, while some others just turned out to be wrongly decoded...
I don't know why this even happens... just same compact disc as thos we buy every day..

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
i get them in real cd's i have and burned... its totally random when it does it but it tends to be when its colder out

·
Rebecca
2016 Focus ST
18,803 Posts
get one of them cd's with the brush on it and clean your lazer, maybe that wil help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts