Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did a quick search of this site and read the manual and still have a question.
When you lock the doors by pushing/touching the pads on the front door handles, there does not appear to be an option for an audible confirmation short of using the double lock function on the remote control (which defeats the whole keyless logic). Is this correct or is there a setting for audible confirmation?
I know there are flashing lights and the little LED illuminates in the lock/unlock button on the dash, and also there is a very subtle sound from the locks engaging. My problem is that here in Texas we are fortunate to have lots of very sunny days, and with any kind of traffic or other background noise it's near impossible to see the flashing lights, see the dash LED (having had the windows tinted) or hear the locks engaging. Have already made the stupid mistake of checking the door, ony to have unlocked the door and proving the door was actually locked. Problem only compounded by the lack of door buttons for an extra visual confirmation. Have had other brand vehicles with keyless entry and all had an audible confirmation option.
Not a major problem, but if I'm missing something I would appreciate the input of all y'all.

·
Registered
364 Posts
touch the pad once to lock.. if you touch the pad again, the vehicle honks to confirm it's locked.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tks for the reply.
Just tried that, and it does not work for me.
However I did find something else.
There is a red flashing indication between the fuel/temperature gauges.
Will probably do for me as confirmation that the doors are locked and alarm armed.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
it does work, should work. touch again, honk. i've done that when brushing up against it while washing the car.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just confirmed that the horn does honk on the second touch. However, I had to wait a few seconds after the locks first engaged or I got nothing.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Apologies for doubting you FuzzyLogic.
Just went out to the Focus, and as you demo'd, press, wait a few seconds, press again and hey presto - honk.
Tks for the video.
Also glad I found/noticed the flashing icon between the fuel and temp gauges.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Apologies for doubting you FuzzyLogic.
Just went out to the Focus, and as you demo'd, press, wait a few seconds, press again and hey presto - honk.
Tks for the video
no apologies necessary, here to help out forum members. [cheers]

·
Registered
533 Posts
Hi, seriously, your cars use the horn to indicate the car is double locked? If that happened in our country my neighbours, and me if it was my neighbour, would be trying to rip the horn from the car. Such an audible indication is barred over here. I just love these little 'foibles' cars have from one country to another :)
Chris

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi, seriously, your cars use the horn to indicate the car is double locked? If that happened in our country my neighbours, and me if it was my neighbour, would be trying to rip the horn from the car. Such an audible indication is barred over here. I just love these little 'foibles' cars have from one country to another :)
Chris
Don't care much for alarm systems that perform a mini symphony of electronic tones to announce arming and disarming, and personally would prefer a visual rather than audible confirmation. Amazed that the powers that be in your part of the world have seen the need to busy themselves with legislating on the crime of audible car locking systems! They must have made great progress on their "to do" lists to have gotten to that issue.
My issue was that without any of the traditional up and down door lock buttons, I was having difficulty determining whether the car was actually locked after pressing the pads on the door handles. The combination of bright sunny conditions, the size and location of the LED on the dash mounted lock/unlock button and the relative lack of sound from the locking operation in anything other than a noise free environment all had me doubting whether the doors werer actually locked. Came from a Mini Cooper S which had much a much noisier locking mechanism and door buttons which left me in no doubt that the car was locked.
Thanks to posts above I now can get an audible confirmation, but have also found two other visual confirmations.
There is a flashing red locked/armed indicator on the dash between the fuel and temp gauges. I also noticed last night that if I stand forward of the door, I can see the turn signal on the door mirror flash during the locking/arming process.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
without any of the traditional up and down door lock buttons, I was having difficulty determining whether the car was actually locked after pressing the pads on the door handles
No doubt and with the keyless entry you can't even just give a tug on the handle to confirm that it is locked.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts