Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i will start by saying that im at a loss. i want a different air intake but there are somany 2 choiose from. i think i have decided to go with a short ram mac style intake cuz i live in MI and the vehicle will b driven in all tyes of weather & dont want to take the chance of water intake. my question is about the short ram intakes, which one is the prefered one and where can i get one for a good price? also i know that colder air makes more power so do the short rams make less power than the CAI due to the intake air being warmer? if so can this b overcome by some custome ducting from the outside to the cone filter? thanks for the help guys>

dbenney

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
yeah when i had the AEM on i ran a large duct from the bottom of the front bumper, sort of behind the grill, all the way up to just under the filter, car seemed to run a little better during the day and seemed to get even cooler air at night than it was b4, iv had the FC intake as well and it has to be the cheapest and probably the ugliest intake iv seen, but the tubing on it is a little bit larger than the AEM, havnt had a Volant, which is this sites popular but to me the snorkels seem to hamper air induction a little bit

·
Registered
456 Posts
I have a volant and would recommend it, I haven't tried anything else though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts