Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since i couldnt really find anything by searching . Well the other day , a bout a week ago i read a thread with and the DSI stuff was mentioned, well i checked out my car and well the clip is broke. The billet one is on order , but the main part is my the actuatoer decided to flip out today. Why did the actuator go nuts before , and when i replace the arm will i go back to normal?
Is it safe to drive with the actuator constantly moving , should i unplug the thing to keep it from burning out ? Im thinking about hitting up my local SVT dealer and checking if they have the plastic one in stock and throwing it on till the billet on comes in .

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
...Can't tell you if it will go back to normal , but the prudent thing to do {if your DSI motor continuously cycles} is to hit the SVT dealer...

·
Registered
459 Posts
Where is it located?
My car hickups under load exactly @ 5500k almost everytime.
Could my clip be broken too?

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
terrasmak said:
Since i couldnt really find anything by searching . Well the other day , a bout a week ago i read a thread with and the DSI stuff was mentioned, well i checked out my car and well the clip is broke. The billet one is on order , but the main part is my the actuatoer decided to flip out today. Why did the actuator go nuts before , and when i replace the arm will i go back to normal?
Is it safe to drive with the actuator constantly moving , should i unplug the thing to keep it from burning out ? Im thinking about hitting up my local SVT dealer and checking if they have the plastic one in stock and throwing it on till the billet on comes in .
i actually am going through the same exact situation you are. About a week ago my car started making the dreaded broken dsi clip noise, so i replaced it with the billet one. But to my dismay, it still made the wierd pumping/scratching noise, which i was sure would have been solved with the fixed clip. I later found out about the actuator going bad, so that is on order now.

I talked to the guy who i ordered the stuff from, and he said that there is no real harm being done to the car when it is drivin with the jacked up actuator. The only thing that will happen is that you have to use a little more gas (which i'm sure you noticed) to get the car going, because it is stuck on the short intake side, aka the side with no torque. so besides the really annoying sound, there is no harm being done to your car.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
IF i have to replace the actuator , ill just disable the dam thing . I doubt i have ever driven the car with it working , hell i didnt even know about DSI till i read a thread and looked .

Somehow when the DSI motor goes nuts , it not caused by the clip. Its the actual DSI motor that is fried.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts