Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there. I ordered a new focus on Aug 23. I just today Sept 22 got an email with my vin and a production date of oct 3 and so the guy said estimate at the dealer week of oct 10. My question is, here in Windsor area southern Ontario. How likely is it that car would be in before the 14th. My reason is that we are heading to Europe for over three weeks and I am hoping the car is mine before we have to leave.
Thanks for anyone who can share input/experiences.

·
Registered
409 Posts
As you're in Canada I don't know how different this would be, but my car didn't even leave the factory until the 14th and it was built on the 30th of August. Current expected arrival date is today, but I haven't heard back from anyone yet regarding it actually arriving (It's only 10AM here, so that doesn't mean much), much less counting inspection and prep for getting it ready for pickup.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Don't count on it. Sorry. My built date was 8/23, it was scheduled for an ETA of 9/5, 9/12, 9/18, 9/25 and now 10/4.
Most people won't have this experience but according to Ford until it passes 12 weeks it's "normal".

The other guys from winnipeg had 3+ week delivery times. A week is too quick as it would have to leave immediately after production to make that and there seems to be a delay coming to canada + waiting for enough cars to fill a train load.
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
you made a new thread for the same thing?

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=268995

usually takes 1-2 weeks on delivery for most it seems

No I didn't. My other post was to ask what I should do if I order a car that comes in while I'm away to ensure it doesn't get used by people seeking test drives and to ensure it's not "shown" to shoppers allowing them to play around in it, mess with the options, screen, self parking just to get a thrill....etc.
Also to find out of anyone knows of a way someone else can pick it up for me if I pre arrange just to get it brought here to my garage.

·
Registered
179 Posts
No I didn't. My other post was to ask what I should do if I order a car that comes in while I'm away to ensure it doesn't get used by people seeking test drives and to ensure it's not "shown" to shoppers allowing them to play around in it, mess with the options, screen, self parking just to get a thrill....etc.
Also to find out of anyone knows of a way someone else can pick it up for me if I pre arrange just to get it brought here to my garage.
Ninjaserver: FYI, Tehmark is the "posting police" so be extra careful when you post something that "may" have been posted in another thread! Apparently, it drives him crazy when this happens and he will let you know it (even if your posting was different). In all seriousness, you don't owe him or any other forum member an explanation for asking a question, there are plenty of us on here that would be more than happy to try and help you find an answer to your question. I would expect that if you make arrangements with the dealer and put it in writing that a specified/named person (who would ultimately have to provide i.d.) would be picking up/taking delivery of your car, that shouldn't be a problem. However, is this person going to take on the responsibility of doing a total car inspection before they take it to your garage? The entire car needs to be checked over for stone chips/paint flaws, misaligned car body parts, scratches/dents on the outside, and the interior will also have to be checked over very carefully. You would have to put, again in writing, all the things that you want your friend to check, "prior" to him or her driving away in your car. Of course, you'll also have to have your insurance covereage in place and I would also think you would have to have someone able/willing to check on your new vehicle while you're away, again for insurance purposes. Just some things to think about before you decide what you are going to do.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts