Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at upgrading my whole exhaust system...I know you can't get much better than the SVT system...I can buy the full set (Header, cat, exhaust) for $350, then I don't know how much the flex would cost, but anyway...for that price, I would only be able to afford a Borla cat-back...So, financially, this is a better option.

My questions now are:

Are the bends in the SVT exhaust in the same place as the sedan? If they are, I could have a shop weld a length of 2.25" pipe to extend it to my bumper...

Is the SVT flexpipe bigger than the regular Zetec?...common sense says yes, but just asking to be sure...

If the flexpipe is not the same, will my stock one match up to the SVT header until I purchase the SVT flex...or does the full exhaust need to be mated up to its SVT counterpart (SVT header to flex to cat to exhaust)? I ask because I am buying an SVT header now and will be buying the rest as I get paid the next month or 2....

I think those are all of my questions...And I thank you in advance for the help...

·
RespectMyAuthoritah!
7,103 Posts
Are you getting a SVT Header Provisioned for your Zetec or you actually getting a SVT Header off a SVT? I know an EGR Bung has to be welded in if you don't have a tune to turn off the EGR System. and if you get the Actual Header, Stock CAT and Exhaust off an SVT you'll probally need an SVT Flex. I believe the exhaust to the Cat-Back is different on a SVT, but the CAT back is the same, just you'll have to extend it to fit right underneath the Sedan. I believe that's everything.........

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is there any way to do an EGR delete without a tune? If not, I would have the EGR bung welded in (Where on the header would I weld it?) Also, could I just not run the EGR but also not do the tune to delete it? Would it only throw a code, or would it prevent the car from running properly...I know that since I got my SRI, I have a code "EGR flow insufficient"

So you're saying that the best bet is to hang onto the parts and put them all on at once? I can do that, I was just wondering if they had universal fittings....

·
RespectMyAuthoritah!
7,103 Posts
I think you can get it welded in.....but i'm not 100% sure on that. I really don't know where it goes. I know you can get the Header itself from mcnewsautomotive.com for about $275 plus shipping. You'll also need to get a SVT Dipstick and tube, the Stock one won't fit, which is included if you buy SVT Header from mcnews. I know the rep from Mcnewsautomotive is on here, so hopefully maybe he'll chime in.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok...I was intending on buying an SVT header for $75 from someone on here...Glad I asked the questions...I'll have to check out the McNews site...It's $200 more, but it may be worth it in the long run...

If I decide to go with the one from McNews, I would probably start with the cat-back then...focussalvage sells them for $175 which is not a bad deal (used, but hey) and you said that should mate right up?

·
RespectMyAuthoritah!
7,103 Posts
yeah they'll match up, just you'll have to get it extended.

Plus the header that you buy will be new which would be a plus in my book. I believe mcnews sells a whole kit if you were interested in that route too. It think it's around $600 but i'm not sure....let me check

·
RespectMyAuthoritah!
7,103 Posts
eh?

Clicky Clicky

and look for the other stuff people bought at the bottom of the page.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hehe...Thanks...I was looking for the term SVT in the heading of the part listing...

The whole kit for $600...What would that include?

·
RespectMyAuthoritah!
7,103 Posts
Header, flex and CAT. (or ORP) and the 02 Extentions (or 02 Cheater Plugs). The ORP Is the Cheaper route but maybe i would give them a call or PM Yel900rr about it.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I will do that...Let me sit on the decision for a little while though...I will most likely go that route after buying the SVT cat-back...

Thanks for the help.

--Greg

·
RespectMyAuthoritah!
7,103 Posts
the $600 is a questimate though, but it's well worth it whatever the price. It comes with pretty much everything you need and you won't need to piece everything together a little at a time. That's what i would do, IMO

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I will do that. I'll go to the site and add it all up, so get the actual price...

Thanks [thumb][thumb] You get two of them.

·
RespectMyAuthoritah!
7,103 Posts
[thankyou]

I'm here all week [8D]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts