Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son recently wrecked his 2002 ZTS Mach Audio Edition Focus. It was a total loss. (I am still mad as hell about it, but he wasn't hurt, which is the most important thing) That car was such a nice unit, I was sick when I saw it. Before the salvage company towed it off, I had the shop pull the rear woofer (boom) unit and amps attached to it. I was wondering if I could install this unit in my wifes ZX2 using her stock HU, which is the single disc type. I was going to have an audio shop here in town do the install, but wanted some input from you kind folks first.

Don't know if any of you have ever seen the ZX2 single disc unit, but it is kind of cheesy. It doesn't sound too bad, and has the Ford "premium" speakers. But she is wanting more sound, and volume than she has at the present time.

The guy that removed the woofer assy cut the wires, but did leave enough to splice though. I was really surprised at how heavy the woofer (10inch) and amp unit was, it must weigh about 45 pounds, lol.

Thanx
bfocused

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
You can probably run it using the rear speakers as the signal. Go to a local stereo or car audio shop and they should be able to stear you in the right direction or do it for you. Sorry about the loss. I love my ZTS

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.