Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just noticed over the weekend that there is a large opening in the rear cargo area up under the side trim pieces. It sure looks like there should be a plastic plug in there to keep noise out of the interior, but both sides are open. Can someone please check theirs for comparison?

Open Hatch, look under the area where the rear window comes down to the fender. You'll see some plastic hook type pieces molded into the plastic trim. If you look directly above this area, up under the lip of the trim, there is either a plastic cover, or a big open hole there.

Cover or hole, what do you see?

·
Registered
781 Posts
it's open on mine as well. i don't believe there is a cover for that area. doesn't really bother me as i'm not back there looking up into that area.

that is where one of the two screws for the brake light cluster is. the other is under a cover just down a little. getting those covers on and off can be a pain (especially with a sub-woofer). so more covers to take off, have break, and lose are just trouble.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it's open on mine as well. i don't believe there is a cover for that area. doesn't really bother me as i'm not back there looking up into that area.

that is where one of the two screws for the brake light cluster is. the other is under a cover just down a little. getting those covers on and off can be a pain (especially with a sub-woofer). so more covers to take off, have break, and lose are just trouble.
Thanks bud. I just wondered if there wouldn't be a reduction in road noise from the rear tires if that area were closed. I have some really good noise abosrbing material I might try on there just to see if it makes any difference.

Sure looks like a perfect spot for a cover though.

·
Sonic Crew #04
7,513 Posts
yeah mine is open as well.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Mine are open as well. I thought it was weird when I first saw it 'missing' on the one side and expected to see a cover on the other side, but nope.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts