Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do your LEDs function as DRLs or do they only come on with the parking lights? Mine currently only come on with the parking lights up and I'm not sure if that is the intended design or if the previous owner modified them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
No DRL mode. It's LEDs with running lights, LEDs with headlights, LEDs with headlights auto mode. Anything else would indicate that the car has been modified.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, hadn't noticed it before because I always drive with at least the running lights on but I was at a car wash where they leave the car ignition on during the wash. I was behind a Escape Titanium and it's LEDs were on while mine were off.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
The LED 'brow' will stay on IF you have the lights set to 'automatic'.(at least i think so)
Which is the furthest position rotating the headlight dial to the farthest clockwise position.
Then the lights are controlled by the car and the gizmo which detects the light level outside. So the lights are off in daylight, but turn themselves on when in the dark, or in a tunnel. etc.
I noticed the LED brow would stay on for awhile when I exited the car..(first day of ownership)
I was like not happy they stayed on so long.Anyway, it was because the headlights were on automatic.
Once I turned them off manually on day two, that behavior stopped.
Anyway, I never checked to see if the LED brow stays on in daytime with the switch on sutomatic. But that might be the reason they are on...
added:
Ahh yeah. I went out driving and yes the eyebrow LEDs are on (if the car is turned on) when the auto headlight function is selected (By turning the headlight switch as far as it goes clockwise)

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The LED 'brow' will stay on IF you have the lights set to 'automatic'.(at least i think so)
Which is the furthest position rotating the headlight dial to the farthest clockwise position.
Then the lights are controlled by the car and the gizmo which detects the light level outside. So the lights are off in daylight, but turn themselves on when in the dark, or in a tunnel. etc.
I noticed the LED brow would stay on for awhile when I exited the car..(first day of ownership)
I was like not happy they stayed on so long.Anyway, it was because the headlights were on automatic.
Once I turned them off manually on day two, that behavior stopped.
Anyway, I never checked to see if the LED brow stays on in daytime with the switch on sutomatic. But that might be the reason they are on...
added:
Ahh yeah. I went out driving and yes the eyebrow LEDs are on (if the car is turned on) when the auto headlight function is selected (By turning the headlight switch as far as it goes clockwise)
Mine doesn't. Off unless the running lights or up are on.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Now that I am thinking about this. I see all sorts of other cars with LED lights around/above/curled around the headlight area lit up..
Why not ours?

[nono]
(wrong $$$ bracket. Only cars $45,000 and up are allowed to use them as bling. If cheap cars used them.. then Heaven Forbid! it would no longer be Nouveau Riche style.

I would like mine also to be daytime running lights..

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Now that I am thinking about this. I see all sorts of other cars with LED lights around/above/curled around the headlight area lit up..
Why not ours?

[nono]
(wrong $$$ bracket. Only cars $45,000 and up are allowed to use them as bling. If cheap cars used them.. then Heaven Forbid! it would no longer be Nouveau Riche style.

I would like mine also to be daytime running lights..
They are getting around. The fiesta had accent lighting in place of fogs, the Hyundai Accent, Nissan Sentra and Kia Soul have them IIRC, and look at the lights Chrysler put on the 200c and the race track on the Dart.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Do your LEDs function as DRLs or do they only come on with the parking lights? Mine currently only come on with the parking lights up and I'm not sure if that is the intended design or if the previous owner modified them.
Mine work as DRL. We have to have DRLs by law here in Ontario. During the day only the LED brow is on, at night the headlight and brow are on.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts