Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just Got a hold of a Nackamichi cd-40z HU. I was wondering if you had any thoughts on its sq abilities. I personally had never herd of them, but now that im looking more into it, im getting happier with my good trade on it. Just wondering if You had Any experiences with the company or any of their products.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Damn, how old is it? [:D]

They were out around 99-2001.
Should be ok.

Nak units are known to have great SQ from the CD. Some of the older units are known to have issues with CDs skipping, etc. Hopefully you didn't pay much for it due to the newer models and options today.

As most Nak units, it's straight up stereo; no DSP aside from maybe a 3-band EQ.

Got a photo? Front and back with wires?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Nak have been making high-end equipment for years. I used to run a Nak cassette deck that sold for....... $2000.00!!!!!! The unit you've got will sound very good. Only issue will be burnt cd's, up until a couple years ago, Nak hated burnt cd's, that's where the skipping came in.

Installman

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no pics yet. I can have some later today or tomorrow. It's plain-ness is what attracted me to it, I have a thing for the non-flashy lol. Besides, I can always tune the sound with my eq and amp settings.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts