Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.

First of all this is my first post on these forums , names Sam and im living in Labrador city Canada.Ordered my Stirling Grey SE on Friday [woot]. excitement is killing me and im only one week in.

Ok introductions aside, a friend of mine is considering buying a focus similar to mine,She lives in the northwest territories (cold!!, i should know i just moved from there).She was at the local ford dealership checking out a few cars, problem is this dealer sells almost exclusively automatics and one of her must haves is the 5 speed.now,when she made the dealer aware that she wanted the 5 speed trans he told her some story about the manuals clutch freezing up in the winter months on cold days. seemed odd to me what do you guys think? a genuine issue? or just the dealer trying to sell the autos that he has in inventory.

the new focus has not seen a Canadian winter, so i can only assume that if he is telling the truth it is the previous generation he is referring to.being that to my knowledge the 2012 was designed in germany everything would be designed to handle the cold

any help would b greatly appreciated.

Sam

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
hey welcome!

I have never heard of that before [8] maybe if you parked in a lake during the winter..... but I think that would be the least of your problems.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
thanks for the reply.

yeah sound crazy to me too but minus 40 Celsius can do nasty things.

wondering if an one else who has experienced these kind of temps can chime in.

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
to be fair, I CAN see if a bottom cover was missing or something that while driving some water go into the assembly and froze up, but it would melt pretty fast.

I was curious so I looked it up..... haven't found anything with a confirmed issue of freezing just being the problem. It always ended up being some other part.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok good to know.

thanks for your help its much appreciated, sort of puts my mind at ease also, being that we face similar temperatures here in Labrador.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts