Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well as i recently posted i just got my alternator replaced and UDP installed and no problems well i was at a light and i was just sitting there and the car died and the battery light came on along with other lights i didnt pay attention it turned green and had to go.....anyways after that no problems i have a digi volt guage and reads great i can see when the voltage is goin up and down charging and not charging anyways what else could of cuased this anyone have similar problems?

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
Make sure the battery terminals are tight for one, and check the belt tension, it may be loose.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I had the same problem happen to me yesterday or the day before. I was at the light, my subs bumping the shit out of my car and suddenly silence. My car died. It was because of how much underdriving is done to your alternator, when you are at a light you are also using battery power (to some extent) to run things. So, if you have numerous power supplies running you car will die. All I did to fix this was bump my idle up a bit and now everything is good to go.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well everything seems to be goin strong drove all weekend if it happens again ill try the idle but sooner or later ill be putting the TB back on and possibly a chip well see thanx for the help

·
Registered
41 Posts
Not to sound dumb or anything, but did you let off the clutch?
That would kill it...

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
haha now thats funny

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thats what i thought at first but then again i remeber i had to put into gear to go so nope no problems there.....although id feel like a moron if i did and would of never posted hahah

1 - 9 of 9 Posts