Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a set of these ROTORS and some EBC green stuff pads from you guys a few months back. And these rotors are already warped quite bad. I get a serious vibration when braking from light to moderately. What I'm wandering is, is there any kind of warranty on these things? I had a set of EBC rotors last me 80K miles with barely any warping or vibration at all and I've had these for a tick over 4K and it's to the point where it's worrying to drive. These were installed by a professional mechanic aswell so it's not like I screwed something. Is there anything I can do about this? I really don't think machining them will solve anything permanently as they will just warp again and possibly worse cause they would be thinner. Can you help me any?

·
Premium Member
847 Posts
We never had an issue with one of the centric rotors being warped. A warp rotor will show issues when it is first installed. It looks like what you are saying issue more of a issue were it is getting worse over time. It looks like something might not be setup correctly in the brake system.

There are different things that can cause the rotor to be warp like uneven brake pad transfer to the rotor. The brake pads been over heated by excessive use. The wheel might of not been torque down correctly. The brake caliper might not be sticking or not function correctly.

Here is an article on warped rotors on stoptech website. Centric owns stoptech. A premium centric rotor we offer is used to make the slotted or drilled stoptech or powerslot rotor.
http://www.stoptech.com/tech_info/wp_warped_brakedisk.shtml

After reading that article, I would recommend calling centric at 626-961-5775 and ask to talk to someone in tech support. They will be able to help you further. I would not recommend to machine the rotor until you talk to them.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool thanks for the info. [thumb]

·
RespectMyAuthoritah!
7,105 Posts
I installed them on my SVT Rotors and I've broke them on at a Road Course. But i have Hawk HPS pads which could make a difference, but I loved them. I've had them for a few months now and i've had no issues. Maybe you got them hot and hit a water puddle and warped them? You have absolutely no luck with the car man.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea I know. I had my buddy install them as his shop and hes a certified mechanic and has done all my previous brake jobs so I really doubt it was installation error. It definitely sucks, I get a horrible vibration and shake when braking now.

·
Premium Member
6,581 Posts
On the other hand of this, I've read more bad stories than good about EBC stuff, and my own experience with them was way less than stellar on my old Camaro. EBC slotted/dimpled rotors with green stuff pads = lots of vibration after only weeks of breaking it in.

As an alternative, do you have aftermarket wheels with hub-centric spacers, perhaps?

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
On the other hand of this, I've read more bad stories than good about EBC stuff, and my own experience with them was way less than stellar on my old Camaro. EBC slotted/dimpled rotors with green stuff pads = lots of vibration after only weeks of breaking it in.

As an alternative, do you have aftermarket wheels with hub-centric spacers, perhaps?
Interesting, I just bought the green stuff pads when I did my rotors. I wonder if they could be the reason for the vibration. Also, I don't have aftermarket wheels, I have EAPs, no spacers.

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
I've run EBC greens on my SVT for years (front and rear) without any issues... they have been awsome pads.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Is there a way to burnish the rotors to remove any excess pad material and start again, so-to-speak?

I have the same issue with vibration, but with brembo rotors and Hawk pads

1 - 10 of 10 Posts