Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Guys,

I just installed a set of AZFS22C SP-463 with my new (used) Ford Racing wire and here are some questions for all of you.

I don't think there is missfiring. Because I pull frist and second gear around 5k rmp and do a short drive around the block. at high rmp, it seems to be smooth and idle seems to be smooth. It seems to pull harder and more responsive. However, I cannot tell if it is knocking. because the engine itself seems to be a little noiser, and it seems to be shaking a little more.

1.) Is that because of my gap?
2.) If it is knocking, will it do damage to my engine?
3.) How do I know it is knocking...
4.) Do new wires and new plugs w/ 0.060 gap need to reset the ECU? (new question)

Thanks,

Steven

And for all, here is my old plugs...
It looks like it has been with my car for 95k...

ENJOY!! the attachment!! [giggle] [giggle] [giggle]

Attachments

·
Adam
1,688 Posts
Wow... I cant really answer your question, but i just ut the same plugs and gap on stock wires and i dont have any misfire. It does seem noisier at higher rpm as well.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
at higher rpm i don think it is noisier...
i think it runs really smooth and really responsive...
just the engine seems to shake a bit...

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I put mine on and gapped to .060 and had no issues. I would guess because your previous plugs were so bad, that your ecu needs to reset or will self adjust. That may be why you have a shudder at low rpm (engine not giving enough fuel yet to match spark). Drive it for a couple weeks or so and see if it improves. I think it's about every 300 miles that the computer self-acclimates.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so you think I should restart the ECU?

·
Registered
804 Posts
yeah reset the ECU
mine are gapped to 0.60 as well i get shudder at idle as well like streetfocus said your not receiving enough fuel to match spark at idle

·
MW2 NE1?
1,612 Posts
wouldnt hurt to reset it. 10 minutes of your time, maybe it will maybe it wont. and having new(used) plugs could be an issue. depending on how long the wires have been used. should just get some from c-f-m.com. the site i order all my maintenance parts at. oil plugs, filters...etc.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the wire is in good shape,
the guy said it is used for about 3000 miles...
so you guys think reset would do it?

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
no~ i just polish your intake, well my intake now LOL
nope i did not install it yet...
still thinking about cleaning my TB, because it if my old plugs look like that...
TB won't be any better...
And I haven't get a hold of the TB gasket yet.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Hi Guys,

at high rmp, it seems to be smooth and idle seems to be smooth. It seems to pull harder and more responsive. However, I cannot tell if it is knocking. because the engine itself seems to be a little noiser, and it seems to be shaking a little more.

When does the shake happen? you say pull harder. high rpm smooth, idle smooth.

what kind of knock do you think your hearing?

·
Haterz gonna Hate
2,156 Posts
i would reset the ecu anyway, just pull the ground for about 15 min i think it is.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i will try maybe tomorrow...

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
this off topic but you won't need a new gasket for ur Tb, just use high temp silicone and outline the Tb.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
gasket is only like 2.99...
high temp silicone is more expensive...
and harder to take off, isn't it?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts