Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well it says that you must use 91 octane with all the stuff it puts on there.....

is it possible to just change my shift points at wot and not optimize any of the other crap because i want to be able to sell my car later on and i dont want to spend 20 cents extra/gallon.

maybe some way to buy something else that will just change that? 300 bucks is pricey!!
stupid damn automatic

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
You can have FocusSport set up the tune however you want, you won't have to run 91 unless you tell them you want to.

·
Registered
367 Posts
since we're discussing tunes, who is the best to go with for an xcal2?? I was looking into F2, Focussport, Marcy (which may not even be possible any more), and Hypnotic Illusions. F2 is not answering (heard they were moving locations), Wayne doesn't answer (heard he was restructuring all his computer systems or something, besides the fact that he had some serious family issues to deal with), etc. etc. Who has the best tunes available at this time?? I only have intake and exhaust, but am planning on header and cams in the near future...

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i'm also trying to find the cheapest way to do it

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Walter is no longer tuning, I'd reccomend Randy at FocusSport.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Well I've purchased many things from Focus Sport and I've never once had any kind of problem. They have a very solid business and they are very good at what they do.

Nomoreavril - there is no other way to modify the computer settings in your car other than buying a Xcal. If you have a buddy that already owns a XCal 2 you could probably have it sent to FocusSport. Randy will throw your requested tune on the XCal 2 and send it back for $25 bucks i think..? But if you dont have a friend with one then your stuck buying one, If you really really need the tune. check out www.focussport.com for more info on the different tuning options are avalible if you havent already.

·
Banned
4,483 Posts
nomoreavril said:
well it says that you must use 91 octane with all the stuff it puts on there.....

is it possible to just change my shift points at wot and not optimize any of the other crap because i want to be able to sell my car later on and i dont want to spend 20 cents extra/gallon.

maybe some way to buy something else that will just change that? 300 bucks is pricey!!
stupid damn automatic

umm, I am suprised no one has answered you correctly yet. When you install a tune, you can always re-load the stock tune later and return it to regular gas and all the other stock settings. Takes about 7 minutes. with waynes tune, you get 3 different tunes and your xcal downloads your stock one onto the unit for use.

·
Banned
4,483 Posts
oh, and there is a guy selling one in the for sale section for 50.00 dollars (no really), for an xcal one, which really is all you need for just a daily driver settings.....I paid 85.oo for mine.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I thought you couldn't use one unless it was flashed back to stock as the vin was saved on the unit and only worked on that vehicle?

·
Banned
4,483 Posts
Thats covered in the price of buying the tunes, just mail him the unit, they do all the rest....in a week magic hp.

Walter is no longer tuning, thats interesting.[???:)]

·
Banned
4,483 Posts
Thats profit for him now for something he developed a long time ago, so yes, I would think he would.

·
Registered
41 Posts
XCal 2 for more than one vehicle

Hi Gang,

I was looking to clarify something.

Can the XCalalibrator 2 (which I recently bought) be used against more than one vehicle?

In my case I was wondering if I could use it to make changes to my Focus and my F250?

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Well the Xcal 2 is VIN locked to one car and one car only. I think the only thing that multiple vehicles can use is the Code reader...

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
FocusFreak87 said:
Well the Xcal 2 is VIN locked to one car and one car only. I think the only thing that multiple vehicles can use is the Code reader...
corrrect it can clear trouble codes on other cars

anyways, i bought my xcal2 from fs for my atx and what a world of difference it made. I think that it is my favorite mod to the car. Feels stronger, the tranny shifts better, i def recommend them for the job. They also give a lot of options for tuning. But at the same time i am also using 93 octane, the way i look at it, its an extra 2 bucks for gas everytime you fill up. When spending 40 bucks to fill up whats another 2?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts