Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have done some searching before this post and i could not find my answer.
i just got my focus a month and after my mods i want to do some tuning, i have read here that you do this with an xcal 2 but i dont know if you first have to buy a chip or this flasher usus the existing hardware
can somebody explaing to me how this works, just something simple, i dont need a lot of details (although it would be very helpful if you do)

thanks

·
Registered
738 Posts
You plug your Xcal2 into ur OBD2 Port. Then u flash ur car. It takes all of 5 min.

·
( o Y o )
5,549 Posts
The X Cal 2 is an ECU flasher. The stock focus chip is not very hard to crack, unlike many other cars out presently. Basically, all you do is plug the X Cal 2 into the ODB II port (its under the light switch for your headlights and you have to remove the dash color matched plastic piece protecting the port) With you car turned off and the device plugged in, load which program you want (1 of 3 i believe, usually they come with 3 different programs) and let it load and ur good to go.

Its better to get your mods all done and then get the tuner because it costs more money to get the tuner re-programmed for new mods you get. Its maximizes air/fuel ratios, frees up power for your general areas tune, and allows you to tune for different grades of gas. Good luck.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
excelent answers,thanks guys

one moer question, can i put all my mods in the xcal tune and keep the low octane gas, price of gas is nmot getting any lower you know what i mean!! [:)~]

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
excelent answers,thanks guys

one moer question, can i put all my mods in the xcal tune and keep the low octane gas, price of gas is nmot getting any lower you know what i mean!! [:)~]

thanks

·
on thin air
3,671 Posts
yes, you can get tunes written for whatever octane you want to run.

As far as waiting till all your mods are in...well, thats not neccessarily true. There arent any adjustments needed for most bolt ons, unless its timing related, like cams or cam gears, etc.

Exhaust, intake, pulley(s), throttle body, etc...the tune stays the same. So really you can go either way.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts