Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off I drive a 2002 SVT with 103k miles on it. So I just bought some eibach sportline springs and i am going to go ahead and replace the factory shocks and struts. What I was wondering is should I go back with original SVT shocks and struts or should I go with an aftermarket set like Koni of Eibach? These are the ones that I am currently looking at.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...witem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_7012wt_958

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...ewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_500wt_749

Any info or help would be much appreciated. Thanks

·
Wheel King, Bow Down
1,918 Posts
I would stleer clear of Eibach struts. I have never owned them myself by I have heard from a lot of individuals both on the forums and local guys that they fail pretty quickly. Definitely sooner than the other stuff they have tried.

If you have the cash Koni Yellows are by far the best option. You can drive the car on near full soft and have quite a comfy ride on the sportlines, even though you'll be much lower than stock SVT suspension. When you want to, you can also dial them way up and have the thing handle like a go-cart.

I don't have much experience with the Koni STR.T shocks but I would venture to say they are just as good as the OEM replacements. If you do end up doing the OEM replacements DO NOT buy them from ebay. There are a few ford dealerships that will give members here pricing of 10% over cost so it will be much cheaper to go that route.

Reactions: black__zx5

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was looking at the Koni Yellows too but the car is just my daily driver so I don't think I'll need adjustable ones. Thanks for the heads up about the factory ones being cheaper form the dealer.

·
Wheel King, Bow Down
1,918 Posts
^^ What springs are you on? Seems like I remember your car being fairly low.

KYBs are a great option too, but putting any spring that has more than a 1.5" drop voids the warranty. Keep in mind that doesn't mean that they will fail because of it, but it's definitely something to note.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
you need to macth the spring's w/ the damper's!

First off I drive a 2002 SVT with 103k miles on it. So I just bought some eibach sportline springs and i am going to go ahead and replace the factory shocks and struts. What I was wondering is should I go back with original SVT shocks and struts or should I go with an aftermarket set like Koni of Eibach? These are the ones that I am currently looking at.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...witem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_7012wt_958

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...ewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_500wt_749

Any info or help would be much appreciated. Thanks
Sportline spring's = 2+" lower, so you need to figure out, damper's to match that low of a spring. I have Eibach's sportline system, & their damper's have a 2 year warranty. I don't know who make's them, but they work for me. Ask "miles" from the Tirerack, he's a sponsor here!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
any way you can get me a hook up lol

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
lol it was worth a try and kyb's will work on an svt right?

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
'00-'05 strut's interchange!

lol it was worth a try and kyb's will work on an svt right?
'00-'05 strut's all interchange! Hit "Miles" up at Tirerack!

·
Registered
744 Posts
i too need help with this... what are the best ( for price and quality) dampers for the sportline springs? mainly for daily driving use, as here in nyc theres no such thing as smooth highways and streets.. also i dont really want adjustable dampers, no need since i dont autocross and such.. so pretty much what are the best dampers for the sportlines that can acomidate how soft they are, for a SMOOTHER and more COMFORTABLE drive?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Is there anything else y'all think I should replace on the car with me putting the new springs, shocks, and struts on?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey Miles what are a complete set of these running?

·
Registered
190 Posts
$328 for the set before shipping. I've got them in stock in a few warehouses so shipping to most places would be within a couple of days.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ok do I need to message you when I'm ready to order or just go through the website

·
Registered
190 Posts
Either way is fine. Just make sure you reference "FocusFanatics" so I can get the forum some credit. Much appreciated!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts