Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new here and I've been browsing through the boards and its comforting to know that there are other PZEV owners sharing info on mods and such. I have a question, I have a 2003 PZEV with auto transmission, and is there any way I can change it to manual trans? Also, is it better to add mods to the engine or completely change the engine regarding performance? Also which is cheaper to do? But my main question is can I change my auto to manual trans, and if so anyone know where do I go to order parts and such? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
The cheapest, easiest way to do this by a WIDE margin is to sell your ATX car and buy one with a MTX.

·
Registered
446 Posts
i havent heard of anyone changing the tranny on the 2.3 yet, but im sure its possible, probably expensive, a pain in the ass, but possible. and the engine responds very well to mods, so i would go with modding it rather than sticking something else in its place.

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
Its been done before on the Zetec once, but it was a lot of work, and when he was done, it still wasn't 100% functional. Some things still acted weird.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts