Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was Wondering what do they put different on the SVT that i can use on my ZX3 to get more power???????
I have a 01 ZX3 and slowly trying to go for 200 horsepower or little more. im all stock now with only intake. Was Wondering what do they put different on the SVT that i can use on my ZX3 to get more power? or what are some easy power adders with taking engine out or really tearing into it. love working on the car just its the only ride.
I greatly appreciate any help i can get on this. Really sick of this stock cobalt with chopped muffler beating me, NEED MORE POWER! lol.

·
Banned
1,355 Posts
Boost plain and simple. Is the Cobalt supercharged, if not you could change over the headers, exhaust, and intake if your on a budget and maybe beat him. I'd go boost though

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have an automatic which sucks, do people turbo any of there automatics? im looking at the svt swap header,orp,flex and magnaflow exhaust. plus im working on getting a rousch stage 2 suspension kit. what you think of that?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no its a dang 4 door cobalt 2.2l and he takes me the second i shift into second. just barely walks me but still i cant let that happen lol

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
You need a good tune and a few bolt ons which should give you the edge.

As for whats different between the SVT and Zetec... pretty much everything.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
^x2 tune will deff help, esp. with the automatic tranny... and a more aggressive shifting point.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks, ya i was looking at the Xc2 last night. really want to get it but so dang exspensive new and havent saw any on the classifieds for sale yet.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hey nice price on the header jrgtrain! but it doesnt have the egr bung, im not a fan of the check engine light. with the egr delete does it have better performance? i need that xc2 flasher bad! lol. i know im going to do full exhaust next paycheck and i have intake, but is there any other mods that are fairly cheap and easy?

·
Adam
1,688 Posts
If you want 200whp n/a get a duratec 2.3 swap!!

·
Registered
618 Posts
hey nice price on the header jrgtrain! but it doesnt have the egr bung, im not a fan of the check engine light. with the egr delete does it have better performance? i need that xc2 flasher bad! lol. i know im going to do full exhaust next paycheck and i have intake, but is there any other mods that are fairly cheap and easy?
You can take it to a shop and they will put the bung in. Not sure how much it costs. Can't cost too much. As far as performance... no, you don't get more or less performance from the bung or no bung. It is just to satisfy the emissions system which comes into effect on cruise or idle.

Also, if you are planning on getting a tune, they can "tune out" the egr system. At that point the check engine light will not come one.

·
The Godfather
4,405 Posts
As I said in a different thread, just because it says SVT doesn't automatically make your car faster. Start with the tune then look at ALL your aftermarket options.

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
thanks, ya i was looking at the Xc2 last night. really want to get it but so dang exspensive new and havent saw any on the classifieds for sale yet.

And you won't find one in the classifieds anymore. IIRC there where too many issues with people buying with out knowing their ECU code (to which the programmer is locked) and getting burned. Just issue after issue with used ones. So the kibosh was handed down.

But your 200 goal is not realistic at all, especially if you don't wish to do any internals. Even if you boost it for reliability's sake you should upgrade pistons/rings/rods/bolts/etc.
And if you have an auto you may as well just chop off your hand because you'll never see 200 out of it, unless you're a money tree.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
awesome thanks! ill look into the header bung around town here

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
hey, you don't even need to take the haeder to a shop to get weled on, find the right nut for the egr and then find someone that can drill and weld you a bung for beers... ahah

·
Registered
618 Posts
If you plan on never again using the stock set up, you can take the bung off the stock header and have it put on the svt header. Then there is no guess work, it is the exact same bung.

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
Or you can buy a bung... they are around $5 then drill your hole and weld it on.

·
Registered
44 Posts
use the search option you can learn alot about the differences, it's a common question that everyone wants to know and it's very easy to find out with a little searching :p

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Easiest way, a small shot of nitrous, say about a 50 shot. Only use it when you need to. You would tear him up with that.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
lol sweet thanks!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts