Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this is the right forum or not, but I am new and was wondering if anyone knew if installing both a short throw shift plate and sound symposer delete kit would have any effect on my manufacturer warranty?

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
According to the general notions no. Those items should not affect your warranty.
Now if you started having ANY transmission problems, the dealer may (or may not, which is the problem) claim the short shifter caused the issue.
At which point you can go fly a kite. Though if the dealer installs the Ford Racingshifter, Then they may agree to honor the warranty (but i would get it in writing)
True you can sue.. And have all that hassle..

But so far my experience is Ford will 100% back the dealer. Only getting the zone rep involved.. but like I wrote, once the dealer decides nope not covered, Ford will generally back the dealer. And once one dealer says no.. that is it. (though I am certain someone will have stories showing this is not true, and others will have stories showing yes it is true)

So a LOT depends on you and your relationship to the dealer.
Sories of peoples car getting fixed (new motor) when the customer is openly racing the vehicle!) and others refused based on the dealer saying they think the customer was abusing the car!. (for the same repair)
This used to never get heard about. But now, we all can read these stories.

I was going to add a catch can. But bought the 8 year warranty, and decided no. I will not mod anything.

The main things everyone agrees is you can change the air filter, and an exhaust, (though taking out the cat may jeopardize the turbo warranty)

And naturally this is all hearsay.. No one can give you a difinitive answer which will prove you are protected and be good enoughthat no dealer is ever going to cause a problem. that is just not gonna happen. So you take a risk.
For simple mods not much of a risk, but if you WANT the warranty to be 100% there.. be forewarned.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
Pretty much sums it up. Dealers have been tru that w/ powerstroke mods & to what exstent of mods. air filter & cat back exhaust is about it for mods & not have any issues w/ warranty.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts