Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey im picking up my 09 SES coupe tomorrow and this being my 1st second gen i was curious how some of you guys have retrofitted projectors in the headlamps. Would love the stock look of the headlight but want to run hid's.

·
Registered
578 Posts
The chrome bars must be cut out because they interfere with the light beam. This will leave discolored areas where there is no chrome and should be painted.

Other than that any projector will work but the h1s and d2s require the least modification to the housing and slip into the old bulb hole and are secured with a large nut.

Theretrofitsource.com is where most of us have been shopping. They seem to have the best quality harnesses and a huge selection of projectors and shrouds.

They also have a forum at hidplanet.com that will help you select a projector by what beam pattern you want.

Figure on spending 350ish dollars if you get everything from them. Bulbs ballasts shrouds harness and projectors. And you will need some clamps. To put it all back together. I do recommend getting some butyl sealant rope from them. maybe 10 dollars. To help reseal it.

There are plenty of write ups on how to go about moding these housing with tons of pics in this forum.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ive done some searching here but dont seem to find what im looking for. i dont want to buy aftermarket lights as they look cheesy

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
There is a how to on this forum made by me.

Click the back button on your browser, that'll bring the main 2g focus forum. Scroll down and click "page 2". Its in the middle where you'll see

"How to: open/retrofit headlights"

What are you doing? Stop reading and click it!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts