Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do projector headlights really put out more light to the road versus installing Silverstars (which I already have) or other headlight bulbs?

Thanks,

Joe

·
AKA Calamity Jane
1,610 Posts
I'm not sure what Silverstars are, but the projectors I have are very dim. Not even as bright as the factory headlights.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
all i know is mine give off way more light then my stocks

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
My projectors give a more focused/directional light beam than the stock. The stock seem brighter because they have a broad beam and give more light near the front sides of the car. The projectors 'project' their beam directly in front with less coverage area around the sides of the car but are definitely brighter in front. I wish the projectors I have would have used the refector style headlight like the stock HL's to reflect/project the beam instead of using a plastic cover to cut some of the harsh brightness out, which also causes those lines __/....__/ to appear in your beam.
Overall, I like the look of the projectors than the lighting they provide, which isn't bad but could be better.

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
emilee225 said:
I'm not sure what Silverstars are, but the projectors I have are very dim. Not even as bright as the factory headlights.
SilverStars are just brighter than stock bulbs that cost around $40-50 bucks a pair.
They also make your light beam whiter. The draw back is that they are rated to only last about a year. My projectors seem better with the SilverStars.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts