Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put a new stage 2 Competition Clutch clutch in my 03 SE Focus with the 2.0 Zetec. With this new clutch there was a new hydraulic arm that pushes on the pressure plate (not sure what it's called) and I put the new one in. When I had my old clutch, there was a fair bit of resistance in the clutch pedal. With the new clutch, the pedal is almost weightless there's no resistance at all. I was just wondering if this is something normal, or if I put something in wrong, or what? Any feedback is appreciated.

·
coffee, have some
5,971 Posts
*Moved to Zetec Performance Chat.

Hopefully someone here has better info than in the non-performance forum.

·
Registered
8 Posts
some aftermarket clutch manufactures will actually move the fulcrum lever point so that they can achiever a lighter pedal feel with a heaver spring in the pressure plate. If all of the air has been blead out of the system and the clutch seems to be operating correctly.
You should be good

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
in general spec clutches have a MUCH lighter feel on them. they still hold amazing power. don't worry about it, ur fine. my spec stage 3+ held just fine for 20k miles, not a single issue. and it was way lighter than stock

·
Registered
7 Posts
My stock clutch was changed yesterday to Sachs Performance kit - at once noticed how light it was compared to the one before. Much much lighter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts