Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy everyone, i have a question regarding motor mounts and tranny mounts.

I have recently purchased a LuK rep clutch and im looking to install it within the next week or two. Was also curious about replacing all the mounts, because i think i read somewhere on the forum that was good idea if you where under the car already.

I cannot seem to find the link or post where i saw that information. If anyone knows where or has any good information or experince with doing this "mod" i would really appreciate the input!

Thanks all!

·
Registered
209 Posts
If you are talking about just stock replacement and not polyurthane mounts then the trans mount on top would be he only one thats worth it while your in there sense it is already loose during that job. As for the engine mount you don't have to take it loose so i would wait till it goes bad. The dog bone mount on the underside is very simple to change, so once again i wouldn't bother unless it's bad or you wan't to change to a polyurthane mount which i suggest if you don't mind a little added vibration at idle.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i was thinking of doing the polyurthane mounts. Can you do polyurthane mounts for both the engine and the tranny?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Yeah they have poly mounts for all three mounts. Usualy the dogbone mount is the one that makes the biggest change that you can feel other than added vibration. I have the Poly dogbone and engine mounts with a stock tranny mount. FSWerks and Central florida motorsports has them. Expect to dump $3-400 on a full set

·
Registered
209 Posts
The FS048 would be the tranny mount, they are just calling it a driver side engine mount. And yes the 045 is the dogbone mount, and then the 047 is the actual engine mount or the passenger side mount. As i said before don't be fooled these will increase vibrations in the car and road noise. Some people don't mind and other hate it to the point that they take them off. Just to test the water you might try the dogbone mount just to see if you can deal with the added vibrations and noise. Personally i don't mind because it made such a huge difference in how the car felt that it is well worth it.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Awesome. I ordered both the tranny and dogbone mount. I assume they come with the polyurethane mounts?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts