Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I recently replaced my passenger side motor mount with just the stock one. The hydraulic fluid busted from it. I've been told that it's probably going to go bad again soon in a few months. I have polly inserts that will be going into my dogbone mount soon. Now when I have to replace the passenger side mount again, I'm thinking about getting a steeda mount. What do you guys think about that mount plus the polly dogbone? Would that cause a ridiculous amount of vibration? Or do any of you think it'd be tolerable?

I'm mainly just asking for opinioins here, thanks! :)

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
So I recently replaced my passenger side motor mount with just the stock one. The hydraulic fluid busted from it. I've been told that it's probably going to go bad again soon in a few months. I have polly inserts that will be going into my dogbone mount soon. Now when I have to replace the passenger side mount again, I'm thinking about getting a steeda mount. What do you guys think about that mount plus the polly dogbone? Would that cause a ridiculous amount of vibration? Or do any of you think it'd be tolerable?

I'm mainly just asking for opinioins here, thanks! :)
1st, If you replaced your psm w/ a motorcraft/ford one, why would someone say it'll go out in a few months? I can see it, If you used a ''anchor'' brand or a non motorcraft/ford brand.2nd= Your motor is smoother idling then my 23 w/ cams & no balance shafts. I'd get The Steeda mount w/ a dogbone & I'd add a & dsm too. I have a VF engineering dogbone & a dsm.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
The poly dog bone is a great improvement, with very little increase in vibration. I installed a VF "psm" and found it much too harsh for my taste, I can't imagine what it would be like with both "dsm" and "psm" poly mounts! In fairness, I found that once the rpms got beyond 1500, the vibration diminished. At idle, 800 rpm, it was awful.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
The poly dog bone is a great improvement, with very little increase in vibration. I installed a VF "psm" and found it much too harsh for my taste, I can't imagine what it would be like with both "dsm" and "psm" poly mounts! In fairness, I found that once the rpms got beyond 1500, the vibration diminished. At idle, 800 rpm, it was awful.
It probably felt more connected thou.^^^^ IDK what psm I'll end up w/ when my psm needs replacement. On the fence w/ that one, after what you mentioned.

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
just do it Bruce

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm really not sure haha I mean a steeda psm plus the poly inserted dogbone might be too much vibration for me. But if the steeda will outlast the stock psm any day then it seems worth it. Plus less slop for the engine. I'll just have to decide when my psm goes out again haha

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
I'm really not sure haha I mean a steeda psm plus the poly inserted dogbone might be too much vibration for me. But if the steeda will outlast the stock psm any day then it seems worth it. Plus less slop for the engine. I'll just have to decide when my psm goes out again haha
In the mean time you could add a dsm.[twothumbs]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts