Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do not have a MFT. But I wonder about the comment of some folks who complain no one can hear them.
Where IS the microphone for hands free phone use?
I wonder if the problem is just the mic is screwed up?
Or it's too tight in the housing?
Or Am I totally out to lunch? and there is no mic?

Actually i am supposed to be able to use bluetooth and phone. So maybe i would like to know too.
The sync has to understand commands too. Where is the mic?

·
Registered
418 Posts
Hi Elizabeth,
In the console above the rear view mirror.
You need to speak up towards the ceiling of the car not down.
I use it daily and it works for me 100%.

·
Registered
75 Posts
^^ Yep, the mic is in the console. It helps a lot if you speak upwards or at least towards the windshield. Mine works great.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Yeah, I always just speak towards the windshield, don't make it a point to speak "upwards" and I don't raise my voice. It picks my voice up fine.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I do not like the location of it. For some reason, I always speak up and turn my head slightly to my right. That is not that good while I drive.

·
Registered
416 Posts
the problem (at least for me) is the mic is too good. My wife often complains she can hear the fan running on the A/C, so I tend to turn it off whenever I'm on a call.

·
Registered
146 Posts
My grandma complains that I sound like I'm far away, but my husband just says it sounds like I'm in a car, so I think mine is pretty normal and my grandma just doesn't talk to a lot of people that are in their cars.

·
Registered
109 Posts
the problem (at least for me) is the mic is too good. My wife often complains she can hear the fan running on the A/C, so I tend to turn it off whenever I'm on a call.
Yeah, I have noticed this as well. Infact, in our other car, when the phone rings and you accept it, the stereo mutes, and the fans on the A/C or heater redirect to floor and reduce speed to get quiet.

The other issue I have with the phone is that in order to cancel out background noise, it actually stops listening when you aren't talking. Probably to prevent an echo back to the caller on the other line. The problems is, if I start talking sometimes it doesn't start picking up my voice soon enough and the caller misses the first thing that I said.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts