Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i replaced the shift cables on my manual trans ...but now it wont go into gear ...i step on the clutch all the way down ... but the shifter wont go into gear....my dad asked one of his friends and he said it was the clutch and the pressure plate....can anyone help.........my dad drove the car and said sometimes if u step on the clutch very lightly it will go into gear...

·
FUBARCUS
2003 ZX3 2016 FoST
7,790 Posts
Are you sure you have them adjusted correctly. That could cause it if not I fear that you would have to replace the clutch.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no i havent adjusted them...dumb ? how do u do that ....lnot very familiar with manual trans

·
Registered
897 Posts
the plastic clip that connects the actual cable to the ball joint on the tranny is what you adjust. Take a small screwdriver and loosen the "pin" on each of the clips and make sure the shifter is in neutral (helps to have someone hold it in dead center), then push the pins back down into the clip and there ya go.

Sorry if thats kind of confusing but if you know what clips i'm talking about then you should be good to go

1 - 4 of 4 Posts