Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hopefully someone can answer this while I go run out and get new turn signal bulbs.

With the ignition on and headlights off, the HIDs are on. When I switch to the next setting (that lights up your dash), the HIDs stay on and the little clear corner bulbs light up. Then when I switch to full headlights on, the HIDs are on of course, as well as those little clear corner bulbs and the turn signals.

My question is, is there a way to mess around with the wiring or relays or fuses to get those little clear corner bulbs to be the day running lights and not the HID bulbs??

·
Dragon Warrior
309 Posts
umm my HID's do not come on until the switch is fully one. those little corner light are on with the parking lights. Did you get a a set of HIDS or did you get a US focus? because I did not think the HIDS were available in Canada.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got a set of HIDs. I know I have a DRL relay I can pull out and I probably will to see how it affects it. But the weird thing was at startup, the left HID was on and the other wasn't. I had to mess with the high-beams (switching off and on and then playing with the headlight switch) and somehow a combination of messing with those switches got the headlights working fine. I'll have to play around with it.

·
Registered
394 Posts
thats because your from canada, your car sends 90% voltage to the 12V wires because of the drl circuit, so this can cause the hid igniters to not fully ignite, as a result, sometimes one sides does not light.

go to http://ofoc.ca/garage/drf/ and look at my how-to it solved my issues and will yours too

1 - 4 of 4 Posts