Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Obama Can't Gymkhana
8,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would it be okay to throw on Sportline springs on the SVT Struts or do you recommend all new suspension?

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I would ALWAYS recommend new struts. The SVT struts will be better able to handle the Sportlines drop, but given time will still wear out faster.

·
DTF
3,981 Posts
think of it this way.... your svt already has 4 years on those struts... isnt it about time for some new ones anyways?

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Depends on the condition of the streets in your area. I have my sportline spings
on my stock struts and shocks since mid october and have not had a single problem

other than the occasional hard hit. But I would recommend the KYB AGX shocks
and struts.

·
DTF
3,981 Posts
SuperFocusMan said:
Depends on the condition of the streets in your area. I have my sportline spings
on my stock struts and shocks since mid october and have not had a single problem

other than the occasional hard hit. But I would recommend the KYB AGX shocks
and struts.
as would i... thats what i have under my sportlines! they are quite nice.

·
Obama Can't Gymkhana
8,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the comments
I might run the springs on my stock setup for a few weeks untill I can afford better struts and shocks.

·
DTF
3,981 Posts
i probably would just wait so you dont have to do the installation twice, as well as getting an alignment done. bgw if you are looking into the kyb's check out ebay... they run right at about 300.00 which is a great deal on them! plus they are adjustable for ride comfort if you want a firmer ride or a softer ride.

·
Registered
608 Posts
I just installed my Sportlines with the stock struts and springs and it rides just fine for now. My car only has about 12,500 miles on it though. I do want to get the KYBs. Hopefully, my stocks will last until next spring.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts