Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a set of Rota Grids from someone and I need some Hub Centric Rings for perfect fitment.

Anyway, I know the focus has a 63.3 mm hub and the wheels have a 73.0 mm hub.

This means I would need 73.0mm to 63.3mm rings. However, the closest I can find are 73.0 to 63.36. Would that extra .06mm make a difference? Would these fit my car? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
464 Posts
that sucks to hear. where did you buy your rims? i hope i dont have to buy those when ever i buy rims... post up a pic of the rims

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

They will fit without the rings, but I'd rather have them for better fitment and stability. I bought them used from a member here, who says they fit fine on his car without the rings, but the center caps don't sit quite flush.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Nevermind, I just figured out that the Focus has a 63.90mm center hub, not 63.3. That would explain why I couldn't find them anywhere.

Edit: Or maybe it doesn't... well, I bought some anyway that said they fit the Focus and were 63.90mm. We'll see what happens.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Nice rims, besides the problems. Post pictures when they're on the car

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Haha, yes, those are the ones. I saw the thread with no offers after almost three months and I was like "No friggin' way!"

I mean, everybody wants Rotas it seems, and these were the EXACT wheel I was looking for. I totally lucked out on it.

I got the rims and tires together for $450 shipped, so I'm stoked. Hopefully the rings will be the proper size.

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
^^^He was asking $455 for just the rims.
What'd you get em for, and what tires are going to be mounted up?

Again...damn you! [?|]
I think those would be a great AutoCross rim with some 215/45/16 or 225/45/16 tires on em.
I never thought they (the rims) would have gone for that long without being sold.
I knew I shoulda checked up on that thread a few weeks ago. [:(]

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
He changed it to $450. By the time I PM'd him, he had put them back on his car because no one made any offers. He put some cheap Dunlop tires on them. He offered me $450 with the tires, or $450 without them, simply because they would be such a pain for him to take off.

So I gave him $450 for the rims and tires together. I'm going to swap them directly for my wheels, then put my new tires on the Grids when my dad gets back from work. He knows someone at the Lincoln Dealership or something, so we could get it done cheaper if I wait for him to get back. The tires are Dunlop 195/50/16's with about 5/32 tread.

They definitely would be awesome AutoCross wheels at only 16 pounds each.

Sorry you ended up missing out on them, they would look awesome on your ride. Right now you can get them from Discount Tire, but they are on backorder at the moment. So you could look there.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
I have that color of the Grids on my Liquid Gray, you wouldn't believe how close a color match the Gun Metal is to the car color.
I did see his post selling these wheels, about two weeks after I got mine...
mine are 17's but I might well have bit on these...

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That's awesome to hear. I also like how they look almost black in your avatar. I was hoping they would look that dark in certain light.

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
T-V said:
They definitely would be awesome AutoCross wheels at only 16 pounds each.
Actually, 14.5lbs. [:D]

T-V said:
Right now you can get them from Discount Tire, but they are on backorder at the moment. So you could look there.
You're saying Discount is selling Rotas now?
Or the Dunlops? (Which I'm not interested in)

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
WD40 said:
Actually, 14.5lbs. [:D]

You're saying Discount is selling Rotas now?
Or the Dunlops? (Which I'm not interested in)
They can get almost any wheel, including the exact Rota Grid I bought. They told me it would take a month and a half to get them from Rota Wheels because they are on backorder. I believe they were $153 each at the time, which is what made me decide to buy the used ones.

But yes, Discount can get any Rota you want, but you still have to deal with Rota's finicky business. But if you really want them, Discount will get them with some time.

Whoa, they are 14.5 pounds each? I thought the 15's were 14.5 lbs and the 16's were 16.0 lbs?

Well then GEEZ, I'll be saving like 5-6 pounds per wheel.

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Wow, that's awesome. I'll see if I can get one weighed when I switch the tires. Hopefully 14.5 is correct!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts