Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I was listening to the radio I stopped at the store. However, when I took the key out of the ignition, the radio stayed on. I was able to take the key out, open and close the car door with the radio on. Eventually, it did shut off. However, it started to have a mind of its own, sometimes I couldnt' change the volume, or it wouldn't let me change the station. I've never seen anything like it before. Once the radio was off, it wouldnt let me turn it back on. I was on a long drive earlier and was constantly changing the channel if that means anything. Any help would be appreciated!

·
Premium Member
21,250 Posts
I would start by unplugging the radio and plugging it back in- you can do this by removing the radio fuses. I have had similar crazy issues with mine a long while back, and I removed the shelf under the climate controls, reached up to the back of the radio, unplugged the radio- just enough so the light went off- then plugged it back in. I actually did it at a truck stop, and it started working correctly after that.

If that doesn't work, then your radio might be toast. Save up for an aftermarket kit. If you're looking into that sort of stuff- get the wiring harness adapter. I found them online much cheaper than you'd find in an audio store. The same goes for the faceplate adapter if you need one.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts