Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what exactly could this do for me compared to lets say, the xcal tune from focus sport?

they wouldnt be able to change my shift points like fs can can they?

that is if i can even find a place to do it.

the only place i know with a dyno in the d/fw area in texas is speedtek, and tey do dynotuning, i called them and asked about my car, they said theres not a way to tune them.... wtf do i say to that?

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
call a shop that has experience with working on mustangs, ford diesel trucks...

if they do, then they'd know what an SCT X-cal is... at least I would think so..

·
puddins betch
0 Posts
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++[ i called them and asked about my car, they said theres not a way to tune them.... wtf do i say to that? [/B][/QUOTE]
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

answer them with
do u have a way to cash the check or do u leave it on ur sisters night stand in the morning for her to cash ??

im not goood at making new friends

·
Registered
930 Posts
I think alamo in DFW (I'll get more info) can tune Foci. One of my friend's had them work on his scubby (his scubby, 56k beware) and he was telling me that they were building turbo setups for SVT foci right after they came out.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
ZackG said:
chances are you have to get an xcal unit then the dyno tuner will write to the unit.
That would be your best bet. The only way to dyno tune a computer controlled vehicle is to change the programming in the computer. You would be better off getting an xcal and having them dyno tune a specific program to you vehicle, then you could still change it back to stock.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Call Randy at Focus Sport. I think if you buy your xcal and tunes from them they offer a service to work with the local shop and send updated tunes while your car is on the dyno.

Personally I wouldn't want my car to be the first Focus some shop tunes. I'll be using the services of the likes of Marcy, Focus Sport, Tom or Hypnotic (sp?).

Better yet, drive to one of the above shops and have THEM dyno tune your car!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts