Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car is coming up on 60,000 miles and I know my rear motor mount is shot. I had purchased an eRMM a while back but never got around to installing it. I will be upgrading in a few weeks and I am still tempted to get a Cobb RMM. For those who have upgraded from the stock RMM, can you post how many miles you have put on your new RMM and if you have noticed it getting weaker over time?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Triple_S:

How timely! I see that your car has a manual trans. This is good. Our Focus has an auto and I tried a JBR 70a durometer RMM on Sunday (yesterday). We put 40 feet on the car and my better half (it's her car) did not like the increased vibration. Pulled back into the garage and put the stocker back in. I e-mailed JBR and they said the auto is always engaged and vibration would be more noticeable than in a manual car. This is her daily driver and Mrs. nyuk98GT didn't want the occasional jiggling, lol. Anyway, I have an "almost new in box" JBR RMM (70a durometer, 4130 chrome moly, TIG welded construction) available if you want to make a reasonable offer. Please PM if interested. I can't post an ad because I tend not to post much, just lurk.

Thx,

Chris

***edit:

Is your Focus Sonic Blue or Blue Candy?

***end of edit

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Triple_S:

How timely! I see that your car has a manual trans. This is good. Our Focus has an auto and I tried a JBR 70a durometer RMM on Sunday (yesterday). We put 40 feet on the car and my better half (it's her car) did not like the increased vibration. Pulled back into the garage and put the stocker back in. I e-mailed JBR and they said the auto is always engaged and vibration would be more noticeable than in a manual car. This is her daily driver and Mrs. nyuk98GT didn't want the occasional jiggling, lol. Anyway, I have an "almost new in box" JBR RMM (70a durometer, 4130 chrome moly, TIG welded construction) available if you want to make a reasonable offer. Please PM if interested. I can't post an ad because I tend not to post much, just lurk.

Thx,

Chris

***edit:

Is your Focus Sonic Blue or Blue Candy?

***end of edit
Just go with the FSWerks insert then... you only notice extra vibes in reverse low speeds and still helps the stock mount a LOT.

·
Registered
96 Posts
danbfree:

Thanks for the advice, particularly since you have a DCT-equipped ride. I will look into the insert. [cheers]

Chris

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
agreed with danbfree, you'll really like the insert.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I see a trend developing here....

Thanks, Foci-philes! [cheers]

Chris

·
Registered
976 Posts
+1 on the insert (but for the manual). Easy upgrade and improved my shifting feel.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
+1 on the insert (but for the manual). Easy upgrade and improved my shifting feel.
Honestly, with the DCT being susceptible to bucking like a full-manual, it definitely helps both transmissions with that issue.... a no brainer upgrade for any Focus owner who isn't a total senior driver.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I upgraded to Focus eRMM over 29,000 mi ago. I haven't noticed any significant degradation. It's still riding much more direct than the "jiggly" stock one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts