Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a diablo sport tuner from Tom, it had his custom tune on it, i'm selling my car... I returned the backup tune to the car, so basically returned the stock tune. I've read that doing this removes Tom's custom tune from the tuner.

Now the main menu says, "load performance tune" instead of "load custom tune".

Is the "performance tune" the standard tune that comes with the tuner from diablo?

·
Obama Can't Gymkhana
8,569 Posts
Yup... I bought a DS along time ago .. The seller adverticed it as Toms Tune.. I didnt know I wasnt running Toms for a couple of months.. Kinda irritating when I found out that once you take the tune off it stays off,, I bought one from Tom though.. I guess seller was clueless that you cant do that..

·
Registered
179 Posts
I thought you could go back and forth as you needed. So your telling me if I go back to the factory tune then I won't have the custom (Toms) one any more?

·
Obama Can't Gymkhana
8,569 Posts
Email Tom and he will send you another one..

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
k thanks, all i needed to know, so that tune that is left on there from diablo is still usable tho right?

Even if its not as good as Tom's... i'm sure its better than stock.

I already have an extra one that Tom sent me saved on my computer, but i'm selling the car anyway... so oh well. Plus i would have to buy the data cable

·
SVT Fanatic
2,615 Posts
k thanks, all i needed to know, so that tune that is left on there from diablo is still usable tho right?
Yes, diablo's tune is still usable. Diablo's tune still sucks really, but a little better than stock.

·
Registered
457 Posts
if you have a predator contact tom and he can send you a tune file...(not sure what he charges)

but that is the best way to go as he has the best tune!

btw....if your selling your car, you might want to either include the predator, or get it reset from diablo sport

even if you return the original backup, it wont work with any other car than yours because it marrys the device to yours cars vin...anyother car will not work unless diablosport resets it with their tools...

·
SVT Fanatic
2,615 Posts
btw....if your selling your car, you might want to either include the predator, or get it reset from diablo sport

even if you return the original backup, it wont work with any other car than yours because it marrys the device to yours cars vin...anyother car will not work unless diablosport resets it with their tools...
Nah, not true. I know that's true with the SCT, at least it used to be. The Predator is much simpler. All it takes is flashing your ECU back to stock and then it can be passed on to someone else.

When you load the custom tune, the factory tune gets loaded onto the Predator so you can transfer it back when needed. When you flash it back to stock, the factory tune is no longer stored on the Predator. It's only VIN locked when a particular car's factory tune is loaded onto the Predator (while using Diablo's tune or a custom tune).

·
Obama Can't Gymkhana
8,569 Posts
^^Correct.. Im Glad that it didnt Lock the VIN or I would have bought a useless predator

1 - 10 of 10 Posts