Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys!
I'm pretty new here. I also am new to the Ford Focus. I love my car, i give it nothing more than the best TLC.

However, I have been having some issues with it.

I recently crashed my Focus SES 08 into the back of a huge SUV. (It was his fault, whew!)
I damaged my bumper, both side panels, my right light and completely crunched my hood. Its pretty bad. [offtopic]

I plan to make a claim on this. However, to keep the price down of my repair, I would like to repair one of the parts myself.
My rear car door power lock is out. All three of the other doors unlock when I use my remote and use it when I am in my car, the switch locks and unlocks the three doors.
My fourth door, which is the passenger side rear door, unlocks but only if I pull up on the lever. I must manually lock and unlock it, which is a huge inconvenience, giving I use all four doors constantly. it still opens and closes fine.

Anyone know what part I need and how to fix it? I would LOVE some help with this!

Thanks!

·
Registered
855 Posts
Wrong forum ...

I had the same problem with my 2002 sedan. It was the door lock actuator. I got a Dorman 937-601 for around $80 to repair it, but I'm not sure if it is the same part on a 2008.

Replacement was fairly simple using the instructions from the Haynes manual.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Moved to General Tech Chat.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts