Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got clutchmasters stage 3 and fidanza 9lb aluminum flywheel, i put about 100 miles on the car, driving it easy, so since i didn't really felt a diff. i got on it a little more tonight, and to be honest i think it was quicker when it was stock, i couldn't get the tires to chirp in 2nd like i used to, i only tried twise, but still, i don't know if there is adjustment needed or maybe it needs more brake in time, i have no clue, my friend chris has the same setup up and he states that is like an on/off switch...

ideas?

thanks
javier

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
i think the break in period is like 500+ miles before you should start getting on it. i don't know myself, just something that i've heard many times. i'd like to go the same setup in a couple years when i go F/I. i would expect that you should feel a very noticable difference with the rev and acceleration. and with the clutch as well...

·
Registered
191 Posts
Kevlar clutches take significantly longer to break in. 500-1000 miles is a good, safe bet. If you slip it too much early on, they don't like that much apparently. Hope it's still okay :(

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hope so too....

so that means that after let's say 1k on the clutch, is going to start gripping like it should???

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Yah, stg3. is goofy with break in. Mine wore out quick too....

My stg4 is awesome. 4 puck sprung hub.

·
Registered
150 Posts
the CM stage 3 is a kevlar like the spec stage 2 I put in. Don't hot rod it too much until about 500-1000 miles, I was told you can warp the disk if it gets too hot during the break-in stage. You'll notice a big difference in how hard it grabs. My car hardly ever grabs in first gear anymore since I put the clutch/flywheel in.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Also, as far as chirping the tires into 2nd, sometimes I can really break the tires loose, and some other times, it will just slam into 2nd with no chirp. I think the revs dropping so much faster means you have to shift that much faster to get a good chirp

·
Registered
191 Posts
As far as the clutch grabbing like it should, after I put on my Goodyear GSD3's I couldn't chirp second with the stock clutch. I can do it just fine with my current setup (CM stage 3, Fidanza fly) and the same tires. It will even do it from time to time short-shifting @ around 5k when I really nail a good shift

·
Registered
183 Posts
To me my focus just has its "days". Sometimes when i get in her she feels sluggish and I cant get chirps out... other days all she wants to do is run!! The other day i got in her and the same exact street i go down i usually get alittle bit of a chirp if i get on her... I got on her *shift* and the tires broke loose for a good 3 seconds...

Just my input.

·
Banned
9,238 Posts
I can get mine to chirp third. [dunno]

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
lol [:D]

i went for a ride before and it feels a little better, i just wish i could start it with out pushing it down my driveway....

·
Banned
9,238 Posts
WD40 said:
^^^Show off. [:p]
I was doing it out of Turn 11 at Infineon all day. [:D]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts