Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the clutch whent out in my car like a week ago so i ordered a "OEM" replacment so i thought when I got the tranny out i realized the my old clutch is smaller then my new one so I called Exedy and they said Ford had changed the size of the clutch and that i had to go buy the new flywheel so i called ford and they have no notice about the update so now im lost i can return the clutch but then what do i buy the Luke one i found was the same sice 9 7/16 verses my 9' i dont understand any help would be great.

[dunno] Thank you

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i would but im trying to keep the cost down seeing how i dont have a job right now

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
oh yeah I can see how that would be a problem. Thats why I used my old clutch when I swapped out the trannys just recently though my old clutch looked really really good so I could'nt bring myself to spend the money I don't have to get a new flywheel at the same or I would have believe I would have. I don't know what to tell you on the problem. You should have taken it to ford and replace it under warrenty since those are known to go out but I don't know what the stipulations are for that being replaced under warrenty

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i thought about it but that was to much money since its a wear item and its not covered in the warrenty. i would buy a clutch/flywheel combo but i dont know witch one to buy and if i do find one its like 750$ and i dont have that kinda of money just sitting around the house

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah i guess it just cant be easy for anything on that car my head light my clutch my rims nothing is easy to find for it or cheap

1 - 7 of 7 Posts