Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. This is my first time posting on this board. I own a 03 ZX3 2.0 ZETEC (ATX - yeah I know...bummer).
Just had a question about which cat-back delivered the most performance. I was looking at the MagnaFlow but wanted some input from others before I start putting some mods in.
These are the mods I have lined up for my foci:
Step 1: Cold Air Intake (IceMan) and FC TB
S2: Cat-back system
S3: UDP
S4: Racing Wires and Chip
I know since it's an auto that I won't be running great times, but I just want some mods for a better sound and a little kick.
Any other things I should consider putting into this car? Thanks [:)]

·
Registered
688 Posts
Well most cat-backs deliever tha same amount of performance, magnaflow, borla, mbrp, focus-sport, ect, you could get around 3whp, or sumtimes 1whp. If anyone trys to tell ya you can 7 more h.p. thats bullshyt, the flowmaster tho, thats more for sound. Alot of ppl will say to go with borla or mbrp but magnaflow is good to, get a stainless still one tho,since they wont rust.. and 2.25 is for less modded car, 2.5 is for superchargers and agressive N/A motors, and 3 inch is good for turbos

·
Registered
688 Posts
And you should also look into a new header, cat pipe, and flex.. you could go with a race header, also known as a long tube header, which replaces the cat pipe, hence, u jus have the header, flex pipe and cat-back. Or you could get a shorty header, high-flow cat and new flex pipe...remember race headers wont pass emissions due to the cat pipe not being in there.. and if you get the shorty header, you could also get a off road pipe to replace the cat if you go to the track...offroad pipe..well its illegal to..track use only, if u get a race header, get a O2 senser

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
magnaflow/borla/mbrp exhaust, afx UDP, iceman, fc 65mm tb, sounds like a good plan to me. you won't see any performance gain out of new wires/plugs, maybe a smoother idle? the chip will only quicken your shifts up a bit and give you a slightly better power curve, no added power.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts